08 November 2009

Chris, Day 16 in Thailand. Fight Night.

Day16: Got my first taste of Thailand last night. Fought the fight I was looking for. Thai, 26yrs old, just over 70 fights, and he was the same size as me.

2nd rnd TKO... By leg cramp?!?

Not a bad fight, 1st rnd was pretty tame. 2nd rnd he came out blazing. Took me by surprise really. He landed a couple good kicks, and knees, nothing I couldn't handle, but was applying a lot of pressure, not giving any room, and trying to clinch constantly(a good plan against a foreigner I suppose). I finally stood him up with a hook, cross counter, than another, upper cut, hook, cross. He came back with a swing to the body, which I grabbed, and kicked his leg out. When he hit the ground, his leg cramped up, and that was it.

Not a bad fight, I will take it more as experience than anything. Every thing has just been chaotic being here. I know I could be better prepared for next time.
There is a huge amount of talent here in Thailand, that is why I am here. Having a better idea of what it takes to step into the ring with just one of, Thailand's many experienced fighters. Tomorrow begins the second half of my trip, more motivated than ever, I will be waiting.

- Chris Greig




Other news...


Orono and Myself



3 Stripes for Vietnam.


TKO Fighting Art's newest recruit from Thailand.

No comments: