04 March 2012

Michael J Fox. and His Battle with Parkinsons


I was at the Worlds Biggest Bookstore, Toronto, with a very specific mission. And that is to find a book on a very specific topic. A topic that I won't be revealing on this post :P. However, I came across another book that wasn't exactly what I was looking for. It was Michael J Fox's "Always Looking Up." I went with my gut feeling to pick this one up instead. Maybe because someone close to me has Parkinsons, maybe because I have always been fond of Michael J Fox, or maybe because it was in the clearance section :P Regardless, this book just felt right.

Always Looking Up concerns the last 10 years of Michael J Fox's life and how he is dealing with his retirement from acting. I am only a chapter in but would like to share some quotes that stood out to me so far.

"I had been Mike the actor, then Mike the actor with PD. Now was I just Mike with PD?"

"My left hand guides my right hand up to my mouth, and once the back of the Oral-B touches the inside of my upper lip, I let go."

"I can usually tell whether shaving is a good idea on any particular day, and this morning, like most, i decide it's to o early to risk bloodshed."

"I made reference to myself as being a "lucky man." After a few edits, I kept going back to those two words, and eventually they found their way onto the cover of the book. They fit then, and they still do now."

"The answer had very little to do with "protection" and everything to do with perspective."


Some videos below.
Chao





No comments: