28 January 2012

Discipline vs Obsession


Doing what you don't want to do, in order to get to where you want to be. I never did understand this back in the day. When I first trained Muay Thai, I was obsessed to say the least. It was always on my mind! At school, at work, when I got home, during my walk home, and even when I shut my eyes at night I can see myself throwing kicks and knees. It wasn't work. It wasn't hard. It was fun. I was addicted and I looked forward to training everyday. Then somewhere along the way it got difficult. And less fun. The competition was tougher, and there were more expectations and pressure to perform. That's when the test comes. That is when true discipline is required.

I will let Joe explain what I am trying to say more in depth. Watch it. It's worth your while.

No comments: