29 January 2012

My gym session today and diet. and more ramblings.

Another session today. Wasn't the best session but definitely some improvement! I am not lifting as heavy as I did before. In fact, all my numbers dropped a good 10%. But I do feel myself getting stronger as I am getting back into the swing of things.

Numbers for today's session:

Bench: 3 sets of 5= 205 lbs (dropped from 215)
Deadlift 1 set of 5= 295 lbs (dropped from 325)

I'm quite happy with the numbers, even with the slight drop. It's OK. Gotta think long term right?

For a post workout meal I had a protein shake, Snickers chocolate bar (it's ok to have after a work out as simple sugar spikes insulin levels which provides the necessary energy for recovery), 4 pieces of tuna sushi, and 2 eggs.

Train hard.

--

www.stronglifts.com

A free power/weight-lifting program, and some real good information worth reading.

--

Yet again I get the urge to fight. Or at least train some combat friggin sport. I miss muay thai and my friends at TKO. You will never find a better group than the guys at TKO fighting Arts in Kitchener/Waterloo. If you are around that area, definitely check out that gym.

-you get punched in the face.
-you lose a fight.
-you miss a lift.
-you fail at anything in life.

-you let it go.

No comments: